Pages

Saturday 28 July 2012

Where She Went by Gayle Forman


Rating: Wide Eyed - 4/5
Release Date: April 5th, 2011
Publishers: Dutton Juvenile 
Pages: 264
Source: Bought
Series: Companion to If I Stay

First, a quick summary from Goodreads:
"It's been three years since the devastating accident . . . three years since Mia walked out of Adam's life forever.
Now living on opposite coasts, Mia is Juilliard's rising star and Adam is LA tabloid fodder, thanks to his new rock star status and celebrity girlfriend. When Adam gets stuck in New York by himself, chance brings the couple together again, for one last night. As they explore the city that has become Mia's home, Adam and Mia revisit the past and open their hearts to the future-and each other."
Picking up three years after If I Stay, we follow Adam's character and how he has somehow managed to go from his dream life to a life where he can barely manage to make it through each day. Ever since him and Mia broke up, he's had a loss of self, but by either coincidence or fate, Adam gets to see Mia one last time so he can finally get some closure.

It was definitely interesting to see what happened to Adam and Mia after the final page of If I Stay. The book was really sweet and cute and short and I just loved the ending! Unfortunately, I picked this book up right after My Life Next Door and I just couldn't help but compare the two the whole time. As a result, I wasn't able to enjoy Where She Went as much as I could have since I was thinking about Fitzpatrick's debut novel the whole time I was reading this book.

2 comments:

  1. Awww, I'm sorry you kept comparing it. I think I do that fairly often after reading an amazing book and then the next book is boring. :( But I loved the simple review, I loved this book as well and of Adam's side of the story, instead.

    Bloghoppin' around
    http://therandomranterer.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It's like coming down from an emotional high, it kinda sucks. D: lol.

      Thanks! :)

      Delete