Pages

Wednesday 23 May 2012

Round Two!


The Iron King     by Julie Kagawa

3/5 Clear Eyes

First, a quick summary provided by Goodreads:

"Meghan Chase has a secret destiny; one she could never have imagined.Something has always felt slightly off in Meghan's life, ever since her father disappeared before her eyes when she was six. She has never quite fit in at school or at home.

When a dark stranger begins watching her from afar, and her prankster best friend becomes strangely protective of her, Meghan senses that everything she's known is about to change.

But she could never have guessed the truth - that she is the daughter of a mythical faery king and is a pawn in a deadly war. Now Meghan will learn just how far she'll go to save someone she cares about, to stop a mysterious evil no faery creature dare face; and to find love with a young prince who might rather see her dead than let her touch his icy heart."
I would like to start off by saying that this is my second time reading The Iron King, the reason being in preparation of The Iron Knight! (Yes, I plan on re-reading the wholes series for a book that I don't even really need to re-read it for, lol.)

Anyways! Let me start off by saying that Grimalkin is my absolute FAVORITE character in this WHOLE ENTIRE FREAKING SERIES. Why? He's a cat, duh. No, but seriously! He's just so... so... AWESOME! I love how he always has an answer when everyone is still pondering over the question and is almost insulted when he realizes that he's the only one with a brain. And his disappearing and re-appearing acts! LOVE!

But on to the story! Upon reading The Iron Fey series a second time, I was dumb-struck by how many Meghan Chases I'd seen in other books. That is to say, that although she's an awesome main character and everything, I feel like I've seen her many times before... She kind of reminds me of Percy Jackson, to be honest, lol. How both of them have their loyalty as their.. Ugh, that what's-it-called.... A hero's fatal flaw, I think... I feel like there's a fancier name for it... Anyways! I also found that while still a very good read (I loved Kagawa's descriptions! I felt dazed right a long with Mehgan!), it wasn't as good as it was the first time. This is probably because I already know everything that's going to happen, but I would still highly recommend this to anyone who is just starting off to read! Or slipping back into reading! It's an awesome series to get started with and I still believe that's it's an amazing read... As long as you haven't read the book already, lol. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment