Pages

Sunday 6 April 2014

Shades of Earth by Beth Revis

Shades of Earth by Beth RevisRATING: 5/5
Ho. Ly. Cow. THAT WAS SO FREXING GOOD!!!!!

As the last book in the Across the Universe trilogy, I had high expectation for the finale. Admittedly, when I first started it I was disappointed. It seemed like Elder still couldn’t get his shit together and Amy wasn’t doing much better.

But wow, did I ever underestimate these two. The things they were willing to do, the things they were willing to sacrifice. It just about took my breath away. These two kids were phenomenal decision makers when it really came down to it. They had more sense than both the shipborns and earthborns put together. They took the time and effort required to gather together the information needed that enabled them to make these hefty decisions. And did they ever make those decisions. The fearlessness both Amy and Elder used to protect those relying on them and even those who weren’t was just… I have no words.

The plot twists in this novel were phenomenal! Although I was able to predict a couple of them, there were many that I never saw coming and one that literally made me go “Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?” out loud. And I NEVER do that. EVER. Needless to say, the twists to this book were pretty amazing. This book was amazing (clearly I don't know what synonyms are).

And not only that, but the new centauri-earth was amazing (that glass stuff was incredible!). Revis described it in such detail and everything was so different and lethal from sol-earth while at the same time everything also felt so similar and safe. I don’t think there was a better way that she could have constructed it.

Needless to say, this trilogy is easily one of my new favourites. I will push it onto anyone who will listen and maybe even onto a few who won’t. If you haven’t read this book yet, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? That was the first question that popped into my head when I finished the book. Why had I waited so long? I’m so glad this was the titled I picked from my TBR jar this month. SO GLAD.

No comments:

Post a Comment