Pages

Wednesday 12 December 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (7)

WOW is a weekly meme hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine. Through WOW, bloggers and vloggers and commenters a like are able to share what books they're most excited to get their hands on in the near future!

This week I decided on sharing two books with you that I'm most excited for! 

Ready?! Drum roll please....

            Splintered                                  Through the Ever Night 
 by A. G. Howard                                  by Veronica Rossi

Splintered is a re-telling of the classic Alice in WonderlandAlyssa Gardner hears the whispers of bugs and flowers—precisely the affliction that landed her mother in a mental hospital years before. This family curse stretches back to her ancestor Alice Liddell, the real-life inspiration for Lewis Carroll’s Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland. Alyssa might be crazy, but she manages to keep it together. For now.

When her mother’s mental health takes a turn for the worse, Alyssa learns that what she thought was fiction is based in terrifying reality. The real Wonderland is a place far darker and more twisted than Lewis Carroll ever let on. There, Alyssa must pass a series of tests, including draining an ocean of Alice’s tears, waking the slumbering tea party, and subduing a vicious bandersnatch, to fix Alice’s mistakes and save her family. She must also decide whom to trust: Jeb, her gorgeous best friend and secret crush, or the sexy but suspicious Morpheus, her guide through Wonderland, who may have dark motives of his own.

My Thoughts:
Although the sound of this love triangle is slightly making me cringe, I have heard nothing but rave reviews about this book (which is coming out on January 1st, by the way), and I cannot wait for it to come in the mail! (Because of course I pre-ordered it.) I can't wait to see how this compares to the classic Wonderland, but I guess in order to do that I might want to actually read the classic first... Maybe I'll read Alice's Adventures in Wonderland then Splintered, and then Showalter's Alice in Zombieland and see how the three compare. That would be an exciting treat! Try and find common themes and such. This is making me so excited! But anyways...

Through the Ever Night is the second in Rossi's trilogy and although I can't remember why I loved the first one so much, I do remember that I wanted to read the second one as soon as I was finished! 

WARNING:THIS SUMMARY MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS FROM THE FIRST BOOK!***

It's been months since Aria last saw Perry. Months since Perry was named Blood Lord of the Tides, and Aria was charged with an impossible mission. Now, finally, they are about to be reunited. But their reunion is far from perfect. The Tides don't take kindly to Aria, a former Dweller. And with the worsening Aether storms threatening the tribe's precarious existence, Aria begins to fear that leaving Perry behind might be the only way to save them both.

Threatened by false friends, hidden enemies, and powerful temptations, Aria and Perry wonder, Can their love survive through the ever night?

In this second book in her spellbinding Under the Never Sky trilogy, Veronica Rossi combines fantasy and dystopian elements to create a captivating love story as perilous as it is unforgettable.

My Thoughts:
Now, if I'm to be completely honest with you guys, that summary up there was more for your benefit than mine. I don't know about you guys, but when I read a sequel I like to go into it knowing as little as possible so I can fully enjoy the journey of the novel without spoiling it in the slightest.

But look at that cover! I absolutely love it! The pretty Aether... The wonderful blend of colours... And Perry looking so... Tame? What?! Perry looks like he just woke up from a night full of partying. Nothing like the wild Peregrine that we all know and love. In preparation for Through the Ever Night I would love to re-read the first book, but with my teetering TBR pile, I don't know if I can spare the time... We shall see! 

What are you guys waiting on this Wednesday? :D

5 comments:

  1. those do look really good. I have them on my TBR list.
    I tried to find your GFC to follow, but do not see it anywhere. I can try later I guess.
    Here is my post.

    WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right?! Can't wait for them to arrive at my house! :)

      Sorry about that, I stopped posting a while ago and just started again recently. I deleted my GFC so that no one would follow my inactive blog. :P But it's back! Feel free to follow or not. :)

      Thanks for checking out my post!

      Delete
  2. I'm not all that excited about Splintered but I'd love to read Through The Ever Night. I haven't read Under the Never Sky yet but the book is on my to-read list and I hope I get the chance to read it soon... maybe even for Christmas. Anyway, I hope you enjoy reading your picks when they come out.
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm more excited for this Alice in Wonderland theme thing that I just might be doing in January! I would definitely recommend picking up Under the Never Sky, it was a great read! :)

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. YAY YAY YAY!!! LEXI IS BACK!!! WAHOOO!! Nice to see you posting again; how can I navigate a bookstore without the expert advice of my blog-tastic friend...

    Alice in Wonderland themed January?! Yes please!! Sounds amazing. I shall have to break out my recently acquired and really snazzy copy of Wonderland/Through the looking glass... all hard-covered-illustrated goodness :D

    ReplyDelete